Welcome to the JOSM online help system
- Getting Started
- JOSM interface
- JOSM Plugins
- JOSM error messages
- by clicking the menu item Help -> Help
- by clicking on a help button in one of the JOSM dialogs
- by pressing F1
Table of Contents
Within this wiki
- Introduction to JOSM
- How Tos about JOSM
- Audio mapping: playing voice notes and synchronizing them with your GPS tracks in JOSM
- Keyboard shortcuts
In the OSM-wiki
Openstreetmap in general
- Objects - explains what objects maps consist of and how these objects are described in detail
- Conflict - explains the basics of conflicts, why they occur, how they are detected and how you can resolve them
- Changeset - explains why you create a changeset when you upload data to the OSM server
- Map View - The main area, where editing takes place
Depending on which plugins you have installed you may have more options on this menu.
- Main Toolbar - the toolbar above the main JOSM window.
This toolbar is highly customisable, with the ability to add and remove menus items from the preferences dialog.
- Edit Toolbar - the toolbar down the left hand side of the main JOSM window
- Toggle Dialogs - right part of JOSM window
- Status Bar - bottom panel of JOSM window
- Changeset Manager - query, download, view, and close changesets
- Conflict Dialog - use the Conflict Dialog to resolve conflicts.
- History Dialog - browse the history of a node, way, or relation
- Relation Editor - use the Relation Editor to create and/or modify relations
- Preferences Dialog - view and change the preferences of JOSM.
- Unsaved Changes Dialog? - dialog to warn and offer upload/save function if a data layer is deleted.
- Upload Dialog? - information about the pending upload, comment-field and many options
- A list of available plugins can be found at the plugin page
- Plugin descriptions within JOSM help
- Information and Documentation about various JOSM plugins can also be found starting from the JOSM-Plugin page in the OSM-wiki