To activate a window
- click on its icon in the lower part of the Edit Toolbar
- through the main menu "windows" (#Windows section at this page)
- by it's name (in
- by it's shortcut (see table below)
- To pin a window: press ordinary close button
- To unpin a window: press pin icon (see section below), they act as native in your system. There several ways to control them inside your system, but there even more alternatives (will be covered below).
Header buttons for each window when it's pinned
- The black, downheaded arrow head rolls the window up and the black, rightheaded arrow head respectively rolls it out.
- The eye symbol switches dynamic buttons on and off.
- The pin icon unpins the window (e.g. opens it in a separate window). Note: non-standard icons will disappear in this mode
- The cross closes the window.
There might be more buttons depending on the loaded plugins.
|Icon||Name||Activation steps||Description and notes|
|Changeset Manager||Extended manager for changesets (main menu "windows" only)|
|Layers||List of all open layers. Note that it contains different menus for the different layer types.|
|Tags/Memberships||Tags and memberships of selected objects.|
|Relations||List of all relations.|
|Mini Map||Displays a minimap for better overview of the currently displayed area in the Map View.|
|Command Stack||List of all commands (undo buffer)|
|Authors||List of Authors of selected objects|
|Conflicts||List of unsolved conflicts.|
|Filter||Filter objects and disable (or optionally hide) them.|
|Changeset List||Changeset List (expert mode only)|
|Map Style||Configure the map painting style.|
|Notes||List of OSM notes|
|Photo?||(only if photos are loaded; defaults to open as unsticked window)|
|Customize toolbar||Show/hide icons|
Managing unpinned windows
Please refer to external sites/Google search results for most up to date info.
- Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) is used by default
bug.nGithub recommended as open source alternative
AquaSnapnurgo-software.com is recommended as non-free, priced alternative
SpectacleSpectacle open source alternative
- 2*2 tiles
Moomfrom Many Tricks (10$ in app store)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Uses Compiz
- 2*2 tiles
- Default shortcuts under "Window Placement" section