Shift+Alt+T — one of the JOSM windows
This list shows the currently selected objects (nodes, ways, closed ways and relations).
- Selection is independent per each layer
- There at least 2 tools to recover history of last selected objects:
- Selection is ordered (internally, but you cannot control order except by re-selecting objects); practical use of it can be seen in Help/Action/MergeNodes
- This window has not 3, but 5 control elements in total. Triangles are often overlooked at first, but provide a very powerful tools
- List of currently selected object(s) can be erased:
- Items in Selection window can be subselected
Items in selection can be "selected" again (subselected)
- Mouse click to subselect single object
- to subselect more than object
- to remove subselection from objects
Single node Spielemax subselected in screen below
- "Zoom to selection" - zoom to all items in selection
- "Zoom to selected elements" - zoom to subselection (#Subselection)
Items below apply only to relations
- "Select in relation list" - open Relation list
- "Edit" - open Relation editor
- "Download incomplete members"
- Nodes are shown with their names (likewise their OSM-ID) and their position in brackets.
- Ways and closed ways are shown with their names and if no name-tags exist with their main tag (eg highway, landuse, railway ...). If JOSM is not able to interpreted any tag the OSM-IDs are shown. The numbers of nodes the ways consist of are always shown in brackets.
- Relations are shown with their type and in brackets the name and the number of members.
Select selects the objects currently selected in the selection list.
Small triangle in Select button
Objects that were filtered out (by filters) will be displayed as "Unselectable now".
Search feature: it allows a very sophisticated search.
Small triangle in Search button
selection_dialog.png (9.9 KB) - added by 18 months ago.
- 9900-en-selection-history.png (19.8 KB) - added by 13 months ago.
- 9900-en-Search button-triangle.png (10.6 KB) - added by 13 months ago.
- 9900-en-Search button-triangle-autocomplete in search action.png (27.1 KB) - added by 13 months ago.
- selection-context-menu-right-click-menu.png (6.6 KB) - added by 6 months ago.
- filters warning.png (2.3 KB) - added by 4 months ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip