|Version 87 (modified by anonymous, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to JOSM online help system
You can improve this help by clicking on "Open in Browser" below.
If you have reached this page from pressing F1 in JOSM, then you can get more specific help on a particular window, dialog, or tool. Simply place the mouse cursor over that item prior to pressing F1.
Beware: This help might get outdated from time to time! Please help improving it by fixing parts that are missing or outdated - this is a wiki!
Table of Contents
- Introduction to JOSM
- JOSM Page on the OSM wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Josm
- How Tos about JOSM
- Working with Relations?
- Audio mapping:? playing voice notes and synchronizing them with your GPS tracks in JOSM
- FAQ about OSM in general
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Objects - explains what objects maps consist of and how these objects are described in detail
- Conflict - explains the basics of conflicts, why they occur, how they are detected and how you can resolve them
- Changeset - explains why you create a changeset when you upload data to the OSM server
- Map View - The main area, where editing takes place
- Main Toolbar - the toolbar above the main JOSM window.
This toolbar is highly customisable, with the ability to add and remove menus items from the preferences dialog.
- Edit Toolbar - the toolbar down the left hand side of the main JOSM window
- Toggle Dialogs - lower left part of JOSM window
- Main Menu (note: depending on which plugins you have installed you may have more options on this menu)
- A list of available plugins can be found at the Plugin page.
- Information and Documentation about various JOSM plugins can be found here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins