Table of Contents
- Move a node along adjacent segment (+Ctrl)
- Move segment in parallel (+Ctrl)
- Basic extrude usage on closed ways
- Extrude usage on unclosed ways
- Advanced Preferences
Create Areas By Extrusion
X — is one of the working modes
Combination of 90 and 180 degree tools, more details below.
Move a node along adjacent segment (+Ctrl)
Special case when a node selected, press Ctrl to activate mode. This mode doesn't create any new nodes or ways.
Will move a node in every of two directions. Resulting point can be moved in one of (2*adjacent segments) directions:
Move segment in parallel (+Ctrl)
This mode doesn't create any new nodes or ways.
Basic extrude usage on closed ways
Here, DrawBuilding was used to create approximations first, then multiple Extrude tools were used, which are explained later:
Special case with two nodes
If you start with just a single line segment, you will get a rectangle.
On closed ways
Click on a way segment and drag it. There are up to 3 possible directions - at right angle to the original position and along its neighbouring segments. The chosen reference segment will be indicated.
Note: In certain cases new nodes will not be created. Specifically, if new segment is just lengthening of the old one. However, the node will not be moved when it's part of another way, as to not affect the other way.
Double click will insert a node
A double click at a way segment inserts a new node.
Dual alignment (X X)
X or the item in the Edit menu. Instead of using one reference segment and moving both nodes of the selected original segment in the same direction,
this mode uses two reference segments (neigbors of the original segment) and moves the nodes each according to its own reference segment.
The status is indicated in the status line and visually (two reference segments shown instead of one).
Create intermediate points (+Shift)
Create a new way nearby (+Alt)
Extrude usage on unclosed ways
Drag end node with (+Ctrl)
Will extend way (move a node along segment):
- Color of main line: Defaults to
selectedcolor, but can be changed with advanced preference
- Stroke of main line:
<width>for solid line (width in pixels),
<width> <dashlength> <spacelength>for dashed line.
- Stroke of old line (used while moving segment):
- Color of helper line:
Extrude: helper linein colors settings.
- Stroke of helper line:
- Size of right angle helper symbol:
- Moving nodes without the need of pressing
- Ignoring shared nodes to avoid overlapping segments:
If enabled (default), nodes shared with other way(s) are left untouched and new node is created to facilitate the extrusion.
If disabled, shared nodes are still part of the way, segments might overlap.
- The extrude action will be performed only if the pointer moved more than specified distance:
extrude.initial-move-threshold(pixels, default 1).
- Changing the keyboard shortcut of Dual alignment mode: Set
falseto disable the default one, set new one via
Mode: Extrude Dual alignmentshortcut.
- BasicExtrudes.png (20.3 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
- LineExtrude.png (1.6 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
- MoveNode.png (9.1 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
- Shift.png (3.6 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
- Alt.png (3.1 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
- Ctrl.png (20.0 KB) - added by 4 years ago.
IgnoreSharedNodes-enabled.png (10.3 KB) - added by 3 years ago.
Ignore shared nodes enabled 1. original, 2. extrude from 1 downwards, 3. extrude from 1 upwards
IgnoreSharedNodes-disabled.png (10.4 KB) - added by 3 years ago.
Ignore shared nodes disabled 1. original, 2. extrude from 1 downwards, 3. extrude from 1 upwards
- DualAlign.png (10.2 KB) - added by 3 years ago.
x_ctrl_leftmouse_drag.png (616 bytes) - added by 15 months ago.
you can also use this mode to extend or shink a line
- extrude-simple-mode-buildings.gif (842.9 KB) - added by 13 months ago.
- extrude-used-on-node.gif (61.6 KB) - added by 13 months ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip