This is the place to start if you're interested in contributing to the development of the core JOSM application or existing plugins, or if you'd like to create a new JOSM plugin.
Not directly relevant to development:
Compile source code
- Development Guidelines (Coding style and Internationalization)
- Patch Guidelines (How to submit a patch)
- Track the state of development (Release Schedule)
- Various Eclipse tips
- Video: how to checkout JOSM into Eclipse
- Video: how to checkout a JOSM plugin into Eclipse
- JavaDoc class documentation (for JOSM and JMapViewer)
Presets, icons, translations
- Defaultpresets Guidelines
- New Icons
- Regarding translations see Translations and TaggingPresets#Translation
JOSM Help System
Dirk Stöcker is currently the lead maintainer of JOSM. Developers of JOSM with SVN commit privileges active in the past several months include:
Immanuel Scholz was the original creator of JOSM, and previous maintainers include Frederik Ramm.
Previous developers include Frederik Ramm and Jiri Klement.
Many others have contributed through bug reports, patches, translations, and documentation work.