This page explains how to create a patch, modify the core JOSM application or existing plugins.
At least basic Java programming skills are necessary. See WikiStart how you could improve JOSM without Java skills.
Source code and JOSM builds
- Installing and Running JOSM
- Source code#Getthesource
- Source code#CompilingusingAnt
- Compiling JOSM using IDE
- Development Guidelines (Coding style and Internationalization)
- Patch Guidelines (How to submit a patch)
- Track the state of development (Release Schedule)
- Various Eclipse tips
- Video: how to checkout JOSM into Eclipse
- Video: how to checkout a JOSM plugin into Eclipse
JOSM Help System
Dirk Stöcker is currently the lead maintainer of JOSM. Developers of JOSM with SVN commit privileges active in the past several months include:
Immanuel Scholz was the original creator of JOSM, and previous maintainers include Frederik Ramm.
Previous developers include Frederik Ramm (framm) and Jiri Klement (jttt).
Many others have contributed through bug reports, patches, translations, and documentation work.