|Version 6 (modified by DiGro, 20 months ago) (diff)|
The JOSM Validator is a feature of JOSM which checks and fixes invalid data.
- Click on the new tick icon (open the validation window) in the vertical toolbar to show the validator panel on the right (or use the keyboard shortcut: Alt+Shift+V).
- Select the data you want to validate (or deselect to validate everything)
- Click on the Validate button at the bottom of the validator panel
- While some of the errors must be manually fixed, most of them can be automatically fixed. Just select the error or errors and click the Fix button to automatically fix them. You can select multiple errors, and all of them will be fixed.
The validator is an automatic test tool. It can show you errors in the data, but it may also tell you errors, which aren't real.
Don't fix errors when you aren't sure something is really wrong.
This will check the data and display all errors, categorized as errors , warnings , and other , depending on the severity of the error. By default only warnings of level error and warning will be displayed. Warnings of level other produce a lot more validation errors for valid data and thus need more care from the user.
This dialog allows to start a verification process of the data.
You have 4 buttons in this:
- Select - Select the objects of the selected error
- Validation - Start validation process for current selection or all objects (when nothing selected)
- Fix - Fix an error (only when automatically fixable)
- Ignore - Ignore an error or a group of errors in future tests
When a validation process has been finished in the list appear all results. Also a new validation layer is added, which shows you where problem cases lie in the map.
Validation on upload
When not disabled the validation process is also started on each upload to the server. For uploads only the modified elements are tested. If you abort the upload, The validator panel opens, if not already open, and the validation results are copied in the validation dialog, so they can be checked and fixed.