|Version 8 (modified by andrew.allison@…, 5 years ago) (diff)|
This page will hopefully give you some tips on how to perform common tasks in JOSM.
Select a way sharing common nodes
Quite often you will come across the situation where two or more ways share a common set of nodes. Using the select? tool you seem to only be able to select one way.
If you hold down the middle mouse button while the cursor is over the ways you get a pop up listing the ways. If you hold CTRL while the middle mouse button is still held down, you can release the middle mouse button and then use the left mouse button to select one of the ways from the pop up.
How to extend a way
Use the "select" tool (s) and select the end of the existing way. Then, use the "node" tool (a) to draw new nodes which will automatically extend the way.
The revised way will contain the original way plus the new elements and if you named it or added any other attributes the extended way will have those attributes.
How to use voice notes and continuous sound recordings
See Audio Mapping?.
Further "How To" information from Rick
I am a new user and have found (or not found) a lot of features in JOSM that will make creating maps easier. In response to my pleas for help (disguised as suggestions for improvements) I have received a few juicy tidbits and I would like to share them with you. In fact, it was suggested that I "could somehow make his personal learning curve into something that benefits other JOSM users by adding to the existing documentation." So I am starting a new page with my personal observations.
Using JOSM under Linux
Back to Main Help
- roundabout1.png (2.5 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout2.png (3.0 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout3.png (2.1 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout4.png (2.0 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout5.png (1.9 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout6.png (1.4 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout7.png (1.6 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
- roundabout8.png (1.6 KB) - added by bastiK 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip