|Version 12 (modified by skyper, 16 months ago) (diff)|
Select, Move, and Rotate Objects
This tool has four possible modes:
This MapMode enables the user to easy make a selection of different objects.
The selected objects are drawn in a different style.
Holding and dragging the left mouse button draws a selection rectangle. When the left mouse button is released, all objects within the rectangle get selected.
When the left mouse button is released while the right mouse button pressed, nothing happens (the selection rectangle will be cleared, however).
When the mouse button is released and either Alt, Shift or Ctrl is held, following selection is made:
- Alt : select all objects that are touched by the selection rectangle.
- Shift : the objects are added to the current selection.
- If Shift is not held, the current selection get replaced.
- Ctrl : remove all objects under the current rectangle from the active selection (if there were any). Nothing is added to the current selection.
Alt can be combined with Ctrl or Shift.
The user can also only click on the map. All total movements of 2 or less pixel are considered "only click". If that happens, the nearest node will be selected if there is any within 10 pixel range. If there is no node within 10 pixel, the nearest way within 10 pixel range is selected. If there is no way within 10 pixel and the user clicked in or 10 pixel away from an area, this area is selected. If there is even no area, nothing is selected. Shift and Ctrl apply to this as usual.
This tool has two different modes. Pressing Shift-M toggles between the different modes.
To unselect everything you can either click on an empty area of the screen, or press U or Esc on the keyboard.
selecting particular ways
- If the mouse cursor is near a node when performing the move action, then just this node is moved.
- If the mouse cursor is near a way when performing the move action, then the way, together with its associated nodes, is moved.
You can rotate selected ways while the cursor is near one of them by holding down the Shift+Ctrl + left mouse button and moving the cursor.
You can scale selected ways while the cursor is near one of them by holding down the Ctrl+Alt + left mouse button and moving the cursor.
You can merge a selected node with another one by holding down the Ctrl and dragging the selected node onto the other one.