[PATCH] arange orthogonal not working
|Reported by:||MichaelK_OSM@…||Owned by:||dmuecke|
I think this is plugin issue but I'm not shure which one is causing the problem.
On my user page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:MichaelK#Software_used_for_OSM) you can find all the plugings I have installed.
I use German language settings, so the description in English is a litte bit difficult => I'll add the german information too.
System: WinXP, JOSM 1788, plugins: "up to date by about August 1st" and appropriate to JOSM1788
I use the function to make objects orthogonal within tools (Werkzeug | Form rechtwinklig machen). The function complained about "Bitte Funktion mit nahezu rechten Winkeln zum rechtwinklig machen auswählen".
In my case I was updating a big bilding which has some ways connected to: adding more details (additional corners due to availability of better aerial imagery).
What I found out: (preanalysis)
the problem are the nodes which connected the ways to that building.
- select the node which connects the way to the building
- tools | seperate ways (Werkzeug | Wege trennen)
- remove the node which belongs to the building
- make the building orthogonal
- tools | add node to way (Werkzeug | Knoten in Weg einfügen)
=> very uncomfortable and long way to go... :-(
How to reproduce:
- draw a rectangle with 4 nodes
- add an additional node in one of the sides
- select the rectangle
- select tools | ???make rectangleous ??? (Werkzeug | Form rechtwinklig machen)
=> the error message appears (Bitte Funktion mit nahezu rechten Winkeln zum rechtwinklig machen auswählen.)
Idea for a fix (improvement)
- if a node with ways of of an angle of about 180 degree is detected, the function should make the ways at this node to 180 degree (new).
- if a node with ways of of an angle of about 90 or 270 degree is detected, the function should make the ways at this node to 90 or 270 degree (like already OK).
Benefit for the user:
also shapes with additional nodes in the lines can be processed withought big effort.
If you have additional questions (or maybe need a tester for the fix) feel free to contact me via MichaelK_OSM@….
Change History (5)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by dmuecke
- Owner changed from team to dmuecke
- Status changed from new to assigned
Changed 4 years ago by dmuecke
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by dmuecke
- Summary changed from arange orthogonal not working to [PATCH] arange orthogonal not working