Right click on key or value for a given property to perform a search (or copy the text)
|Reported by:||Penguin||Owned by:||team|
|Version:||tested||Keywords:||search, property, right click|
Description (last modified by akks)
I'm adding street names to a lot of Danish streets using addr:street from a bunch of imported nodes (about 2 million nodes).
I often need to find all nodes (addresses) that have the same addr:street as the node I have marked. That way we can see if there is a clearly matching existing way along the addresses (or if an existing way would have to be split up).
Currently the process is slowed along this process:
- When I have marked a node I would have to double click on the addr:street value in the "Properties for selected objects" panel and go around the "Change Values" window to copy the street name.
- I would then perform a search for the street name thereby highlighting the nodes with the corresponding street name
- Last I would mark the road and add a key (Alt-B) and entering name and pasting the value from clipboard.
It seems a bit cumbersome.
I would like to right-click on a key or value and have the possibility to copy the key string or value string to clipboard or perhaps just search for the string I have right clicked at.
Currently there is no context menu when right clicking on a key or value string in the "Properties for selected objects" panel. Both "Copy to clipboard" and "Search for string" would be nice features, perhaps even performing the search with the existing values from the search window (and skipping the search window box).
I might have overlooked some other features that could speed up the process:
- I miss a hotkey for adding/changing a name (more directly than just Alt-B)
- suggestions when adding a name is only taken from existing "name"s, not from addr:street
.. but that might be a different issue.
- Peter Brodersen