|Version 172 (modified by stoecker, 17 months ago) (diff)|
Java OpenStreetMap Editor
JOSM is an editor for OpenStreetMap (OSM) written in Java 1.6. Currently it supports loading stand alone GPX tracks and GPX track data from the OSM database as well as loading and editing existing nodes, ways, metadata tags and relations from the OSM database.
- Note that there are fairly regular updates, so always try running a recent version (and also recent plugins).
- Access JOSM-WebStart without installation
- Download the tested JOSM version 5939
- Download the Windows JOSM installer version 5939
- Download the Mac OS X JOSM package version 5939
- Prepare a USB flash drive to use JOSM on any foreign Windows machine.
- For download scripts use version check for latest and tested (or both) to reduce download bandwith
- View the change log. Major changes are noted in the JOSM startup notes.
- If download size is an issue for you, you may append ?lang=.. to the download link for both releases to strip all unused translations (e.g. ?lang=de would download JOSM in German language only).
- Get many plugins, presets or styles (Easier installation via JOSM preferences).
- URLs of usable WMS services can be viewed and added at Maps page.
- Problems with plugins? Have a look at the JOSM download directory.
- Requests for new features can also be made via trac or via the JOSM developer mailing list (josm-dev@…). You can subscribe here.
- View the change log.
- Download the latest JOSM version 5966 (may have more errors than "tested", be careful with this one).
- Try JOSM applet after reading the applet description.
- Get the source:
- From the official Subversion repository (recommended): svn co http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk
- From the unofficial GitHub mirror: git clone git://github.com/openstreetmap/josm.git
- From the official OSM Subversion repository (including plugins): svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm josm
- See Developers Guide or Translations Guide
- The Ubuntu JOSM project on launchpad
Help and Support
- The official help system / documentation (can be reached with <F1> from within JOSM).
- Comprehensive introduction on the Openstreetmap wiki.
- Tutorial on flossmanuals.net.
- Some video tutorials (mostly outdated)
- Ask members of the Openstreetmap community on
- For install troubles, look at the InstallNotes page and/or http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM
- Report bugs via trac. When reporting a bug please include the version (version number can be found in menu Help -> About).
- Understand JOSM release system
How to help
- Help developing code (e.g. write patches for entries in bug tracker)
- Review bugs in bug tracker: find duplicates, test bugs and add more descriptive texts
- Translate JOSM and the online help into your language.
- Update and translate the online help
- Unify and translate all JOSM related Wiki pages and join them with the online help
- Review translations
- Review original texts (program, online help, ...)
- Create fancy new icons for presets or tools without icons
- This site is a combined online help and bug tracking system for JOSM and JOSM plugins
- No login is required to use this site (neither for reading nor for changes to wiki or bug tracker)
- A login has following advantages:
- The JOSM applet can store settings on the server
- Mails are sent for changes in own bug tracker tickets (This is possible also by entering an e-mail as username in the tickets, but you are unable to change that later and the address is openly visible).
- Page settings are remembered (e.g. input field size and a lot of other stuff)
- Logins which have no e-mail address or which have not been used at least once are automatically deleted.
- The login to edit the OpenStreetMap database has nothing to do with this server!
- NOTE: The secured HTTPS version of this site uses a self-signed certificate with 26:8B:4D:CB:AD:04:E7:50:EC:94:F8:34:83:CE:7C:06:8D:FD:61:3D as SHA1 fingerprint.
You need to accept this certificate as valid to silence the warnings of your browser.