|Version 142 (modified by stoecker, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Java OpenStreetMap Editor
JOSM is an editor for OpenStreetMap (OSM) written in Java 1.5. Currently it supports loading stand alone GPX tracks and GPX track data from the OSM database as well as loading and editing existing nodes, ways, metadata tags and relations from the OSM database.
- Note that there are fairly regular updates, so always try running a recent version (and also recent plugins).
- Access JOSM-WebStart without installation
- Download the tested JOSM version 5939
- Download the Windows JOSM installer version 5939
- Download the Mac OS X JOSM package version 5939
- Prepare a USB_Stick to use JOSM on any foreign Windows machine.
- For download scripts use version check for latest and tested (or both) to reduce download bandwith
- View the change log. Major changes are noted in the JOSM startup notes.
- Get many plugins, presets or styles (Easier installation via JOSM preferences).
- Problems with plugins? Have a look at the JOSM download directory.
- Requests for new features can also be made via trac or via the JOSM developer mailing list (josm-dev@…). You can subscribe here.
- Follow the unofficial JOSM feed on Twitter
- Download the latest JOSM version 5966 (may have more errors than "tested", be careful with this one).
- Get the source:
- From the official Subversion repository (recommended): svn co http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk
- From the unofficial GitHub mirror: git clone git://github.com/openstreetmap/josm.git
Help and Support
- Start of Help pages of the software (reached with <F1> from within JOSM)
- Tutorial videos are available at any mirror. You may need TSCC codecs for some AVI files.
- Further help is available when using various OSM mailinglists. It's best to ask questions on the newbies list or the language specific talk lists.
- For install troubles, look at the InstallNotes page and/or http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM
- Report bugs via trac. When reporting a bug please include the version (version number can be found in menu Help -> About).
How to help
- Help developing code (e.g. write patches for entries in bug tracker)
- Review bugs in bug tracker: find duplicates, test bugs and add more descriptive texts
- Translate JOSM into your language using Launchpad.
- Translate StartupPage or VersionHistory into other languages
- Update and translate the online help
- Unify and translate all JOSM related Wiki pages and join them with the online help
- Review translations
- Review original texts (program, online help, ...)
- Create fancy new icons for presets or tools without icons