|Version 1 (modified by silviopen, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Java OpenStreetMap Editor ¶
JOSM is an editor for OpenStreetMap (OSM) written in Java 1.5. Currently it supports loading stand alone GPX tracks and GPX track data from the OSM database as well as loading and editing existing nodes, ways, metadata tags and relations from the OSM database. Download ¶
- Note that there are fairly regular updates, so always try running a recent version (and also recent plugins).
- Access JOSM-WebStart without installation (Plugins will not work in the webstart version on Windows)
- Download the tested JOSM version 2561 (more or less stable)
- Download the Windows JOSM installer version 2561 (more or less stable)
- Download the latest JOSM version 2998 (may have more errors than "tested", be careful with this one).
- Download the Mac OS X JOSM package version 2561 (beware: this is preliminary and may contain bugs)
- Prepare a USB Stick to use JOSM on any foreign Windows machine.
- View the change log. Major changes are noted in the JOSM startup notes.
- Help translating JOSM into your language using Launchpad.
- Get the source from svn co http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk
Help and Support ¶
- Start of Help pages of the software (reached with <F1> from within JOSM)
- Tutorial videos are available at any mirror. You may need TSCC codecs for some AVI files.
- For install troubles, look at the InstallNotes page and/or http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM
- Report bugs via trac. When reporting a bug please include the version (version number can be found in menu Help -> About).
- Further help is available when using various OSM mailinglists. It's best to ask questions on the newbies list or the language specific talk lists.
- Follow the unofficial JOSM feed on Twitter
- Get many plugins, presets or styles (Easier installation via JOSM preferences).
- Problems with plugins? Have a look at the JOSM download directory.
- Requests for new features can also be made via trac or via the JOSM developer mailing list (josm-dev@…). You can subscribe here.
- For download scripts use version check for latest and tested to reduce download bandwith
How to help ¶
- Programmers: Help developing code (e.g. write patches for entries in bug tracker)
- Update and translate the online help
- Unify and translate all JOSM related Wiki pages and join them with the online help
- Translate JOSM into other languages
- Translate StartupPage or VersionHistory into other languages
- Review translations
- Review original texts (program, online help, ...)
- Review bugs in bug tracker: find duplicates, test bugs and add more descriptive texts