|Version 19 (modified by skyper, 20 months ago) (diff)|
History Dialog Window
The History Dialog Window displays those objects from the current selection for which a history of object versions can be retrieved from the OSM server.
Table of Contents
Showing and Hiding the History Dialog Window
- Show or hide the History Dialog Window by clicking on in the tool palette on the left of the JOSM main window.
- Show the History Dialog Window by pressing Alt+Shift+H.
Working with the History Dialog Window
The History Dialog Window is displayed as toggle dialog on the right of the JOSM main window. It provides a list of objects.
- Select an object by clicking on it. You may expand the current selection by holding Ctrl or Shift while you click on an object.
- Move the mouse over an object and keep it there for 1 second in order to view details of a particular object (the yellow area in the image above)
The History Dialog Window includes two buttons:
- Reload to loads (or reloads) the object histories for the selected objects from the server
- Show launches a History Browser for each of the selected objects.
You can also launch a History Browser by double clicking on an object in the History Dialog Window.
Working with the history browser
With the The History Browser you can browse through the history of an object. The History Browser provides three main areas:
- List of object versions: on the left a list of object versions is displayed. Two versions are highlighted with a red or a blue background.
The version with the red background is called the reference version, the version with the blue background the current version.
- Values of the reference version: this panel displays the values of the reference version
- Values of the current version: this pnale displays the values of the current version
How to select the reference version
- Double-click on any version in the List of object versions to make it the reference version.
How to select the current version
- Single-click on any version in the List of object versions to make it the current version.
- You can use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to select the previous or the next version as current version.
Basic information about a version
The History Browser displays basic information about each object version:
- the version id, a unique number the OSM server assigned to this object version
- the date of creation
- the user who created this version. Click on the link to launch a browser with additional information about the user.
- the changeset id, i.e. the unique number of the changeset in which this object version was created. Click on the link to launch a browser with additional information about the changeset.