|Version 5 (modified by cetest, 3 years ago) (diff)|
How to activate
Click on the symbol on the lower left of the main window. If the symbol is not there, check if your JOSM version is >= 3189. If it is still not visible, you can try setting displayfilter=true in the advanced preferences (and restart).
The filter dialog allows the user to temporarily hide from display certain types of objects on the JOSM screen. The usage is to enter any property or just text in the text box. Objects complying with that text or property will be hidden on your JOSM screen. This allows for easier editing in crowded areas. The 4 selection options are used when multiple filter lines are active. The filter lines are evaluated from top down, using the selection properties that are active for the appropriate filter line. If you want only 1 filter just click the "replace selection box". If any filter is active, a transparent message box will appear so you don't forget.
- E (Enable): Enable or disable this filter line.
- H (Hide elements): If this option is ticked, the chosen objects are completely hidden. Otherwise they are disabled and shown in a shade of gray.
- Text: The search term or propery that defines the objects that are filtered.
- I (Inverse Filter): Normally, the specified objects are hidden and the rest is shown. If this option is activated, only the specified objects are shown and the rest is hidden.
- M (Filter Mode): One of the following: R: replace selection, A: add to selection, D: remove from selection, F: find in selection. This mode selector defines how a filter is combined with the previous filter.
The filter Mode options are set in the pop-up window, where you will also enter the search text. A number of examples is provided. The E till I options are selected in the Filter box (normally at the right of your screen) by ticking the appropriate box. Note that the text line above the click boxes may contain dots in your particular version of JOSM. This will probably be fixed. The order of the ticks from left to right means: Enable this filter line / Hide the filtered items / Your search-filter text / The inverse filter / Mode letter.
Note that if you enter search-filter text and your not using regular expressions (=super wildcards)filtering only succeeds if you enter the full string. Say you want to hide buildings, then enter "building=yes" as text string.