Add Value Dialog
At least one object needs to be selected to open it by:
- double clicking in the empty space below the tags in the Tags/Membership toggle dialog,
- clicking on the Add button in the Tags/Membership toggle dialog,
- using the keyboard shortcut
On top the total number of selected objects is shown.
Below, are two text boxes to enter the tag combination manually. Autocompletion will try to assist you (see below). Alternatively, you can use drop down lists through clicking on the arrows on the right or by pressing
Down once a text box is selected.
In the lower half, the recently added tags are listed with the last used on top. Default number of listed objects is five but this can be changed or even be disabled (see below).
- Clicking on one entry or using the keyboard shortcuts
Ctrl+<number>will paste the contents in the text boxes.
- Double clicking will immediately add the tag to selected objects and close this dialog.
- Clicking on OK or pressing
Enterwill add the contents of the text boxes to selected objects and exit this dialog.
- Clicking on Cancel or pressing
Escwill close the dialog without any changes to selected objects.
Adding several tags
Shift key works as modifier key in this dialog to be able to add several tags in a row. E.g
Shift+ Click on an entry,
Ctrl+Shift+<number> will add appropriate tag directly without closing the dialog.
Drop-Down-List and Autocompletion
Autocompletion and drop down lists for keys and its corresponding values will contain more or less entries depending on the tag combinations within the currently open data layers and all loaded presets.
Right click on the Add Value Dialog to get access to the following preferences:
- Use english language for tag by default: ?
- Set number of recently added tags: The number (up to 30) of recently added tags. If set to
0, disables this feature. Default value is
- Remember last used tags after a restart: If set to true, JOSM will remember the list of recently added tags even after a restart of JOSM.