TIGER tags changed unnecessarily with Combine Way and Replace Geometry
|Reported by:||rickmastfan67||Owned by:||team|
I've just started noticing this while cleaning up some Tiger imported ways here in the USA. Sometimes when nodes that aren't needed in the beginning of the way are moved to a different place in the way to keep them, one of the tags on the way gets changed without warning. The tag in question is "tiger:tlid".
I've created a test file that shows this in action (will be attached below). Hopefully, nobody edits this way till you can test this it because it requires the History of the way not to be altered after I created the file.
Here's the ways to use the file to duplicate this problem (once you open the file):
- Select the blank way and the "Hamilton Rd" way that parallels it.
- Once you have both selected, do the "Replace Geometry" action.
- Once that has been completed, pull up the history (Ctrl+H - hopefully no shortcut conflict on your end) on "Hamilton Rd".
Once you've done that, notice on the history window that the "tiger:tlid" tag has been changed without any warning.
Have no idea why in the first place it's getting changed. This is only happening when a node gets moved later in the line. If all the nodes stay in the same place, the "tiger:tlid" tag doesn't get changed at all when using the "Replace Geometry".
Change History (6)
Changed 15 months ago by rickmastfan67
comment:3 Changed 15 months ago by joshdoe
- Component changed from Plugin utilsplugin2 to Core
- Priority changed from normal to minor
- Summary changed from Replace Geometry changing some tags without warning to TIGER tags changed unnecessarily with Combine Way and Replace Geometry