Memory leak in "Show Status Report" after opening a big *.osm file
|Reported by:||rickmastfan67||Owned by:||team|
Repository Root: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn Build-Date: 2011-07-26 01:31:22 Last Changed Author: bastiK Revision: 4264 Repository UUID: 0c6e7542-c601-0410-84e7-c038aed88b3b URL: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk Last Changed Date: 2011-07-25 12:24:22 +0200 (Mon, 25 Jul 2011) Last Changed Rev: 4264 Identification: JOSM/1.5 (4264 en) Memory Usage: 154 MB / 3640 MB (123 MB allocated, but free) Java version: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc., Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Operating system: Windows 7
NOTE: This is done with no plugins installed.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start up an instance of JOSM with no plugins installed. [ Memory Usage: 154 MB / 3640 MB (119 MB allocated, but free) ]
- Load a large *.osm file (~115MB)
- Load the "Show Status Report" [ Memory Usage: 1293 MB / 3640 MB (569 MB allocated, but free) ]
- Close it and reopen "Show Status Report" [ Memory Usage: 1490 MB / 3640 MB (182 MB allocated, but free) ]
- Repeat step 4. [ Memory Usage: 1590 MB / 3640 MB (554 MB allocated, but free) ]
- Repeat step 4. [ Memory Usage: 1648 MB / 3640 MB (310 MB allocated, but free) ]
I would attach the *.osm file that I've done this with, but I can't compress it smaller than 6.26MB and you guys have a 2MB attachment limit.
Also, every time I go to open the "Show Status Report" when I have open said file, it takes at least 8 seconds for it to load and on average, uses about 19% of my CPU (6 core processor). In comparison, I can open the "About" menu almost instantly.
I've also noticed that in Windows, when I start JOSM by directly opening the *.jar file, memory usage stays low (must be something built directly into javaw.exe if a jar file is manually triggered). However, when I run trigger JOSM via the following shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx4096M -jar josm-tested.jar (can even substitute java.exe with javaw.exe), my memory problems above still happen.
Any ideas why this would be happening?