Proposal for editing object attributes in spreadsheet mode
|Reported by:||PlaneMad||Owned by:||team|
|Version:||latest||Keywords:||selection, editing, spreadsheet, attribute table|
Description (last modified by joshdoe)
At the moment there is no way to edit individual values of a group selection. Making a change in the property table would apply it to the whole selection. Its also not possible to view individual values for certain objects without losing the selection.
I propose having a spreadsheet view of the attributes of the selected objects. This would enable easier modification of attributes of a large number of objects at once instead of individual selection and modification.
I have attached a mockup of how this would work.
- A selection of objects is made either manually or using the find command
- After the selection is loaded in the spreadsheet, the common tags for the selection is listed seperately, this would help to add/remove a tag that would affect the whole selection
- A spreadsheet view of the keys having different values is given, clicking on any of the rows will automatically zoom the josm map to the object
- Double clicking any of the fields makes it editable, any corrections/additions can easily be made this way
- One can add a new column if required
- the header row contains the key which is also editable. deleting a key would remove that entire column. The particular tag will be deleted from the selection.
- The spreadsheet can be exported to a csv if required
I am also working on how the import csv function can work. It would help in mass adding some attribute information from a list or table like updating icao/iata codes for airports, or maybe elevation information for peaks.