Presets for railway
|Reported by:||EvanE||Owned by:||christeck|
In the pesets for a railway line you use the value 'Standard' as option for the key gauge. Please remove this option.
There are two reasons for this request:
- It's never a good idea to have text-values within a key, which otherwise supports only numerical values.
- Looking at the world from a railway point of view there is no standard gauge accepted in the whole world.
Actually depending on a country base there are a few standard gauges:
- 1435 in middle europe, England und North Amerika
- 1524 in Russia and other countries of the former Soviet Union
- 1600 in the Republic of Ireland
- 1674 in Spain and 1668 in Portugal
- 1067 in most countries of southern Africa and in Japan, Newsealand, Indonesia
Well, looking at Switzerland you can even say, that they use two standards (1435 and 1000) depending in which state (Kanton) you are.
When changing the gauge preset you might also remove 1495 and 1520, which have no widespread usage, and add 1067, 1000, 914 (3 feet), 762 (30 inch), 760 (Austria) and 750, which all have a wide usage over the world.