Add a "Join Node to Way" action in addition to "Join Way to Node"
|Reported by:||avar||Owned by:||team|
(See also #4549)
The existing "Join Node to Way" action is misnamed, but what it does in this situation:
y | | x---- | y
Is to turn the data into this:
y \ x---- / y
I'd like an additional action that does this:
y | x------ | y
It's very useful in situations like the one I'm attaching a screenshot of where I'm merging unconnected ways to a known-good main road. Currently to do this I have to:
- Shift-click to add a node to the intersection of the dotted line road / the main road
- Shift-click on the dotted line road to add it to the selection
- Select the leftover part of the dotted road and delete it.
If this feature were added I could just:
- Select the end node of the dotted line road
- Press W, or whatever the shortcut will be.